Bray Lake Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions
These terms and conditions relate to individuals booking a junior course or activity sessions. It also covers birthday parties and most small groups. For school and youth groups please see terms and conditions here.
- First Day Registration - If you have not already returned your child’s completed booking form please ensure that you bring it with you on the first day of the course completed and signed.
- Course Payment -Payment can be made by cash, credit/debit card, or by cheque (made payable to “Bray Lake Ltd”).
- A £50 non-refundable deposit is required to confirm all bookings. The final balance is due one week prior to the start of your child’s course. Note that places cannot be held without a deposit. All Private Tuition must be paid for at the time of booking.
- Discounts – Discounts and valid offers that are applicable to your booking will be deducted at the time of final payment and cannot be applied retrospectively.
- Cancellation - Cancellation of any course for any reason will result in the loss of your deposit unless an alternative date is arranged. Failure to attend the course without notification will result in the full course fee being forfeited (see booking terms & conditions).
- Refunds – Refunds are not available to customers who start courses and subsequently choose not to continue.
- Lost Property - Please ensure that all personal items are clearly labelled with your child’s name. If your child does lose a personal item then please contact us as soon as possible as it is easier for us to find it that evening when we clean the Centre. We will keep all items in lost property for one week after each course. Thereafter all lost property will be disposed of unless we are otherwise directed.
- Valuables - DO NOT ALLOW your children to bring large amounts of money, MP3 players or expensive items of clothing as inevitably every year some of these go missing. Phones and Wallets can be handed into the office for safe keeping.
- Certificates - National Governing Body certificates and log books are provided as part of any skills course and Watersports Week. They are not provided as part of the multi-activity week but may be purchased separately. A fun certificate will be presented to all those kids attending a full multi-activity week.
- Theft - We do not have a serious problem with theft, however, prevention is always better than cure so we advise parents not to let their children bring anything of any value (personal or financial) to the Centre. Unfortunately we do not have the facilities to look after everybody’s personal possessions so it is best to leave them at home. The Centre does not accept any responsibility for the loss or damage of personal possessions.
- Bullying - We take bullying very seriously and do not accept behaviour of this type. If any child is found bullying another child on the course, that child will be removed from the course. The parents will be contacted and asked to collect their child who will then be excluded from the remainder of the course, course fees will not be refunded. Please ensure your child is aware of the consequences of such actions as the Centre’s decision will be final. If your child feels that they are being bullied it is important that the Centre is informed as quickly as possible so that we can take action.
- Disruptive Students - In our environment it is essential that the instructor’s directions are followed. In the interest of safety any child who consistently ignores an instructor’s directions will be asked to leave the water. This may be temporary or permanent depending on the situation. Children will be given two verbal warnings and if their behaviour does not improve, they will be removed from the water and their parents contacted to collect them after which the child will be excluded from the remainder of the course, course fees will not be refunded. Please ensure your child is aware of the consequences of such actions as the Centre’s decision will be final.
- Course Timings - You will find details of the start and finish of the course you have booked on the front of this confirmation. Please note these may vary from the dates/times listed on the brochure or the website. On the first day, please allow extra time for registration at the beginning of your course. Customers should be in good health, confident in the water and fit for their chosen activities.
- Course Concerns - If you have and concerns during the course about your child’s progress or have any issues about how they are coping please feel free to come and talk to the senior manager. We want this experience to be a happy one for every child.
- Centre Kit – Every precaution is taken to ensure the hygine of our school and hire wetsuits, however, customers with known skin complaints which may be contagious are requested to contact the centre in advance of their course. Wetsuits are available for purchase from the centre at a discount for all those attending a course.
- Health Declaration – All clients should be in good health and be confident in the water. A parental consent and medical declaration is required for all youth activities.
What to bring on the day
- Pair of trainers or similar that you don’t mind getting wet – NO OPEN TOED SHOES / CROCs or FLIP FLOPS
- A pair of shorts to worn over a wetsuit to reduce wear.
- Towel and swimming costume
- Sun block and hat if appropriate
- Waterproof jacket and warm clothing if appropriate
- Log Book and other publications if appropriate
- Gift voucher if appropriate
- Spare change if you wish to purchase refreshments from our waterside cafe.
- Discounts available on selected wetsuits, wetsuit shoes and buoyancy aids.
Please be aware that we do not accept any responsibility for the loss of, or damage to, valuables and personal belongings. All valuables should be left with Reception when you sign on to your course.
There are a number of discounts available on courses. Only ONE discount will apply.
- 10% discount on all shop purchases available to Club Members.
- 10% discount on select shop purchases available to customers on Fast Track courses.
- £10 discount per child for siblings on a full week Under 15s Holiday courses.
- 10% discount on Under 15s Holiday courses for group bookings of 8 or more, on same course and dates, paying up-front.
- 20% discount available to Club Members booking a course (except Fast & Turbo Track packages).
- 25% discount on hire rates of under £25 for Club Members.
- 40% discount on hire rates of £25 or over for Club Members.
How to Book
Bookings can be made over the phone or online (GBP only). For any questions or assistance with your booking please contact us on 01628 638860 or email@example.com.
We accept all major credit cards (except American Express) and debit card payments, alternatively it is possible to pay by cash at the Centre. Cheques are also acceptable, made payable to “Bray Lake Ltd”. Bookings are only confirmed on receipt of a deposit.
London Sailboards (Bray Lake) Ltd Reg No: 1638855 VAT No: 603 9634 42
Bray Lake Watersports, Monkey Island Lane, Windsor Road, Maidenhead, Berks, SL6 2EB.