Terms and Conditions
Minimum Level of Competence
Competency - In order to hire any of our equipment you need to be competent in its use in the prevailing conditions.
Ability - You don’t have to be an expert, just capable of using the equipment safely in the conditions on the day.
Minimum Requirements - To hire you need to have achieved the following standard:
- Windsurfing - RYA Start Windsurfing (Level 1)
- Dinghy Sailing - RYA Basic Skills (Level 2)
- Kayaking ⁄ Canoeing - BCU 2*
No formal certificate - If you do not hold any of the above qualifications, but feel that you have the necessary competence we may still hire you the equipment. You will however, need to have an assessment chat with one of our instructors so that we can make sure that you are fully familiar with the equipment before we allow you onto the water.
Tuition - If you are a complete beginner you will need to attend a course. You will learn quicker and achieve far more in a very short time. There is no need to struggle when you are taught by one of our on-site professional instructors.
Terms and Conditions of Hire
- Access to Bray Lake and the use of its water is strictly prohibited without the consent of Bray Lake Watersports Ltd.
- Personal and 3rd Party insurance against injury, loss or accident is the sole responsibility of the client.
- Swimming in the Lake is strictly prohibited.
- All participants are responsible for their actions afloat.
- All participants must be in good health.
- All participants must be water confident.
- All participants must wear buoyancy aids at all times whilst afloat.
- Adult windsurfers who are competent in the use of a harness may wear a harness in place of a buoyancy aid but do so at their own risk.
- All participants are required to have a basic level of competence when using or hiring equipment on the Lake.
- National Governing Body (RYA / BCU) certificates may be required to ascertain this.
- Bray Lake Watersports reserves the right to recall anyone that is unable to demonstrate an adequate level of competence to participate in a safe and controlled manner. All participants are required to stay away from the banks where fishing is taking place.
- All use of the Lake by participants and their guests will be for non-commercial and enjoyment purposes only.
- Instruction, tuition and coaching may only be undertaken by Bray Lake Staff.