Course Price: £349
It is important to remember that all instructor candidates require a good level of personal sailing skills and background knowledge before undertaking the course. There is a minimum age of 16 years (parental consent required). For those under 16 and still keen to become an instructor the best route is our Assistant Instructor course.
The course pre-requisites include:
- RYA Powerboat Level II
- Valid First Aid - see below
- RYA membership
- Personal sailing ability up to RYA Seamanship Skills
- Completed a Pre-entry sailing assessment.
If you need any assistance or advice regarding these requirements prior to the course, please contact the Centre and we will be pleased to help (discounts are available on all pre-requisite courses when booked in addition to an instructor course).
The course runs over 5 full days. The RYA Dinghy Instructor is a professional qualification. Training will be done both afloat and ashore, and will include teaching in single handers and larger dinghies, the adult and junior schemes, elementary racing, presentation techniques and background knowledge.
- You will be expected give short presentations.
- Assessment is continuous through out the week and concluded with a final day assessment.
- On successful completion of the course you will be able to work at an RYA centre, or club, running beginners and improvers courses for both adults and children.
- Courses are run on demand so please the Centre regarding dates and availability.
Next course date: Please contact the Centre