Health Alert - COVID-19
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak we wanted to contact you directly about our position.
Please remember it’s your responsibility to follow government guidelines with regards social distancing and self-isolation, particularly if you feel unwell or are in a vulnerable group or in contact with anyone who is.
We intend to remain open for as long as we are allowed, and feel we are able to keep both you and our staff as safe as possible.
We understand that many of you rely on the Lake to help you with your essential mental wellbeing and fitness as do we, and we also in turn rely on your patronage to pay our bills and wages and only by working together can we continue to provide this service both now and in the future.
Please help us to protect our staff and other customers by following the below
- Where possible please use Contactless Card Payments when making purchases.
- The café will still be open for the time being but please eat or drink any purchases outside where possible.
- Do not congregate in groups within the club house or outside.
- During our swim sessions our indoor changing rooms will be closed except for the use of toilet facilities. Please get changed in our outside areas or by your car. The outside changing rooms will be available but with a maximum of 2 people in at a time.
- Outside of our swim session the changing rooms will be available both indoors and outdoors, please limit the time you spend in here and adhere to a maximum of 2 people at a time.
- Please do not bring in re-useable cups for us to fill at the café.
- If you are an open water swimmer please adjust your swim time in order to ensure that you minimise the time it takes for you to warm up, group huddles around the radiators will not be allowed.
We are making the following changes to help protect our staff and other customers,
- Increased cleaning/disinfecting of surfaces and handles
- Our social Club Night on 25th March has been cancelled, however we will be posting the links to the films we were planning to show and will have a quiz based on these films for you to enjoy from home.
- Our café will be severing a limited menu due to supply availability.
- Equipment hire and own equipment launch is still available during centre opening hours. Please note we are often a little quieter in the afternoons.
- Our Windsurf Club and SUP Club Sessions are suspended however you can still come and launch your own equipment or hire whenever the centre is open. Opening times will for now remain the same including our late evening on Wednesdays. We will be offering FOC shore-based coaching/advice/session ideas for anyone wanting it.
- We will suspend all our group tuition, however private tuition and coaching sessions will still be available for the time being and in order to keep our instructors busy and employed we will be offering 50% discount on all sessions.
- Our shop will also remain open and to help with our cash flow we will have some great offers, please keep your eyes open for further details or contact us directly to grab an early bargain.
- We will contact anyone booked onto a group course asap to discuss the options, please bear with us whilst we do this.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions
Bray Lake Watersports
Last updated: Wednesday, March 18, 2020