Instructor Dinghy Sailing Tuition
It is important to remember that all instructor candidates require a good level of personal sailing skills and background knowledge before undertaking the course. There is a minimum age of 16 years (parental consent required). For those under 16 and still keen to become an instructor the best route is our Assistant Instructor course.
Dinghy Sailing | Instructor - Course Price: £349
Pre-requisites for the Dinghy Sailing Instructor course include:
- RYA Powerboat Level II
- Valid First Aid - see below
- RYA membership
- Personal sailing ability up to RYA Seamanship Skills
- Completed a Pre-entry sailing assessment.
If you need any assistance or advice regarding these requirements prior to the course, please contact the Centre and we will be pleased to help (discounts are available on all pre-requisite courses when booked in addition to an instructor course).
The course runs over 5 full days. The RYA Dinghy Instructor is a professional qualification. Training will be done both afloat and ashore, and will include teaching in single handers and larger dinghies, the adult and junior schemes, elementary racing, presentation techniques and background knowledge.
- You will be expected give short presentations.
- Assessment is continuous through out the week and concluded with a final day assessment.
- On successful completion of the course you will be able to work at an RYA centre, or club, running beginners and improvers courses for both adults and children.
- Courses are run on demand so please the Centre regarding dates and availability.
Dinghy Sailing | First Aid - Course Price: £95
The RYA first aid certificate will provide a successful candidate with the ability to recognise life threatening conditions and be able to provide rapid assessment and prompt, appropriate treatment.
- The first aid course is completed in one day.
- The first aid certificate is a pre-requisite for all instructor courses.
- You do not have to have held any prior first aid certificatesto do this course, although it is recommended that you do some prior reading.
- The first aid certificate is valid for 3 years, after which time you will be required to complete another one day course.
Dinghy Sailing | RYA Safe and Fun - Course Price: £20
This course is suitable for anyone working or volunteering with children and vulnerable adults in an RYA environment.
The course provides a basic level of knowledge and awareness of safeguarding and is a requirement for all newly qualifying Level 2 Racing Coaches, Dinghy and Windsurfing Instructors and Senior Instructors to complete prior to their instructor training course. They must also complete a pre-course worksheet which is accessed within the Safe & Fun course, and take that with them to the instructor course.
This course is fully online, book your course below and a member of the team will contact you with instructions and log-in details.