The 40for40 Anniversary Celebration events coming up are:
12th May 2019 - Friends and Family Day
We would love to spend a fun-filled day with you, your friends and your family on the 12th May at Bray Lake. We have arranged for our team to be ready to teach you something new, for your friends/family to try the sport you love and for you all to spend some quality time together. We look forward to seeing you all here.
- 09:30 to 11:30 - Dinghy Sailing Taster Session
- 12:30 to 14:30 - Windsurfing Taster Session
- 15:00 to 17:00- Kayak/Canoe Taster Session - British Canoeing Paddle Award Start
£10 per session / per person
Book one session or multiple sessions to try different sports. Limited spaces available, book now to secure your place!
25th May to 2nd June 2019 - Go Paddling Week
This year we will be taking part in the British Canoeing Go Paddling Week. Their aim is to get 10,000 people paddling throughout the week and we are going to help them reach this target. Come down to the lake and either kayak, canoe or stand up paddleboard, then add your name to our participants list which will then be added to the total across the country.
As part of this week we also have taster sessions, guided river trips and more going on throughout the week. Weekend activities include:
On Saturday 1st June:
- 10:00 to 12:00- Free Kayaking Taster Session for beginners over 8 yrs old.
- 13:00 to 16:00 - Guided River Thames Trip. Suitable for anyone 8 yrs and above and can be completed in a kayak or canoe. Previous experience preferred. If you are a beginner, please contact us to discuss your options for this trip. This trip is £25 per person.
On Sunday 2nd June:
- 10:00 to 12:00 - Free Canoe taster session for beginners over 8 yrs old.
- 13:00 to 16:00 - Guided River Trip - Suitable for anyone 8 yrs and above and can be complete in a kayak or canoe. Previous experience preferred. If you are a beginner, please contact us to discuss your options for this trip. This trip is £25 per person.
Limited space available for all sessions and river trips, please book in advance to avoid disappointment.
26th May 2019 - Thames River Trip
During SUP Club we will be heading down The Cut and onto The Thames. This can be completed on either a SUP, kayak or canoe provided you are competent.
* This is a social paddle with a relaxed pace.
* We meet at the clubhouse ready to go at 10am.
* The precise route will be announced closer to the time.
* Hire equipment is available and is done on a first come first served basis.
Date posted: Fri, 3 May 2019